Friday, October 28, 2011

New love....Spray paint!

I love spray paint. It is a new found love but certainly one that will be around for a long time.  I used to think of spray paint as something that was used for art projects and that's it. And then we inherited some wicker chairs that needed a little sprucing up.  Armed with a few cans of white spray paint, I transformed my front porch into a chic oasis fit for the Hamptons.

But I didn't stop there, I started to use spray paint for much more then wicker.  The application is super easy, it dries fast, and it is cheap.  And the options in terms of finishes and colors are pretty extensive too.

My latest project was an old lamp from Restoration Hardware whose paint on the base had chipped off, but the shape and overall look of lamp remained intact.  Two quick coats of spray paint and I had myself a brand new lamp.  The paint I like to use is by Rustoleum.  For this project I used a textured paint that gave the lamp a hammered finish.  It not only looks hammered but feels that way too.  Basically, its awesome. 

Now I just need to work on the shade and then I will be in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment