Sunday, October 30, 2011

Gearing up for the big 3!

We just hosted our second son's 1st birthday party last weekend and it was wonderful.  Exactly what I think a first birthday should be about -- the kids and the craziness they bring to your life.  Lots of friends and family celebrated with us and little Tommy certainly knew he was loved in a big way.  Now, my oldest is about to turn 3 and party planning is back into full swing here. 

I'm feeling a bit more pressure with the 3rd birthday because I think that Sammy may actually remember this one as he gets older.  My earliest memories are from when I was about 3 years old and moving into the house that I really grew up in.  I remember checking out the bedrooms, the yellow carpet that my mom hated, and how it seemed so big to me.  I also remember a lot of my birthday parties.  We always had them at home and my mom pulled everything together from the Breakfast with Lea party to the 50's themed dance party with a bubble gum chewing contest. 

As I start to construct my cardboard box trains (more on this later) for Sammy's train themed party, I have this lingering feeling of expectation hanging over me.  I hope I can create memories like my mom did for me and give Sammy a great party.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment