Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Playroom Storage Solution

Like many of you, I dream of a perfect playroom.  It has amazing organization, thoughtful details, and all toys are always placed exactly where they belong.  Basically, it always looks like the pages of the Pottery Barn Kids catalog.


Reality at my house is a whole other story.  The only person really doing the putting away of toys is yours truly and my playroom floor is often covered in trains, blocks, trucks and my toothbrush (Tommy's favorite teether right now).  So, when I saw these large tubs or buckets for $7.99 a piece at Target I jumped at them!  My kids are old enough to put toys away, but they need direction and the big toys really had no place to go.  These tubs were the perfect solution, with 3 of them we have enough room for the smaller toys and the monster trucks. Also, its easy for kids to put toys in these, its just a big, over sized bucket that holds a ton of stuff

I can't seem to find these tubs online at Target, but they could still be in stores.  Regardless, they are really just tubs that you would use for a keg which makes them even better.  Party supply stores or the local beer distributor would have some on hand.  Since they are large and plastic, their uses are endless.  One will certainly move to the garage to hold balls in future years, another will be used as a makeshift water toy this summer, and perhaps one day, one of these will be used to chill a keg at the boys college graduation parties.  The versatility and sheer price (did I mention $7.99!!!) make these a great storage/organization solution. 



No comments:

Post a Comment